Hire Dave Johns
Dave Johns shot to national fame in Ken Loach’s award winning film ‘I Daniel Blake’ (2016). His individual acting performance was much acclaimed around the world. Yet, Dave is also an excellent comedian who has worked the national comedy club circuit for over 30 years; playing the leading clubs, theatres and cruise ships besides highly successful solo runs at the Edinburgh festival.
Dave Johns is one of the most respected and best loved comedians working on the British comedy circuit. Having performed a lot in UK comedy clubs and festivals worldwide for nearly 3 decades. He has appeared and made guest appearances on many leading TV shows including:
- Never Mind the Buzzcocks – BBC
- 8 Out of Ten Cats – Channel 4
- Alan Davies As Yet Untitled – Dave Channel
- The Footballs On – BT Sport
Dave Johns is also a talented improviser. Making regular guest appearances with one of the longest running and highly acclaimed comedy improv teams; The Comedy Store Players. He has appeared in their twice weekly shows in London’s West End on many occasions.
Dave Johns On Stage
His acting work has taken him on to the West End Stage; in a long run with ‘One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest’. besides Christian Slater. Dave performed in many plays at the Ed fringe, as well as his one man comedy show.
Dave Johns Film Star
2016 saw Dave play the lead role in Ken Loach’s acclaimed and multi award winning film “I, Daniel Blake”. Which won the much coveted Palme D’or at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival and the BAFTA for best UK film. In the role of Daniel, Dave received glowing reviews and many award nominations:
- British Independent Film Awards, Best Actor – Winner;
- British Independent Film Awards, Most Promising Newcomer – Nominee;
- Evening Standard Film Awards, Best Actor – Nominee;
- European Academy Film Awards, Best EU Actor – Nominee;
- UK Film Critics British / Irish Film Actor of the Year Award – Nominee.
Dave Johns has also made it on to the US entertainment industry’s bible; Variety Mag’s long list for an Oscar nomination for Best Actor.
Table of Contents