Hire John Archer
John Archer is a past winner of ‘The Magic Circle Stage Magician of the Year’ and has spent the last 24 years entertaining audiences all over the World with regular tours to entertain British troops serving overseas. Thought by many to be the best Comedy Magician in the UK today.
In February 2000 John Archer took part in The British magical Championships and was awarded ‘British Magical Champion of Comedy.’ In November 2002 at ‘The Magic Circle Awards Banquet’ John was promoted to ‘Member of the Inner Magic Circle – with gold star’ and was awarded ‘The Carlton Comedy Award’ for outstanding use of Comedy and Magic.
2008 saw John win The Magic Circle Stage Magician of The Year.
In 2011 John appeared on ITV’s ‘Penn & Teller – Fool us show, hosted by Jonathan Ross. John was the first man to fool Penn & Teller and won a trip to Las Vegas to perform with them at The Rio Hotel.
The 2013 show ‘Help My Supply Teacher is Still Magic’ which John starred in and wrote for; won a BAFTA at the Children’s BAFTA Awards.
In 2019 John took part in Britain’s Got Talent and reached the live semi-finals, narrowly missing out on a place in the final. He also took on the role of host with “A Magical Cirque Christmas” touring 43 cities across the USA.
John Archer TV Credits
- Appeared as a Taxi Driver in ‘Not Going Out’ series 11 episode ‘War’.
- Semi-finalist on Britain’s Got Talent 2019 – ITV
- Tim Vine Travels in Time Christmas Special (writer and performer) – BBC1
- Tim Vine Travels in Time (writer and performer) – BBC1
- Help My School Trip is Magic (writer and performer) – CBBC
- Help My Supply Teacher is Still Magic BAFTA (writer and performer) – CBBC
- Penn and Teller – Fool Us (John fooled Penn and Teller) – ITV
- Help My Supply Teacher is Magic 1 (writer and performer) – CBBC
- Fort Boyard takes on the world – (Writer) Challenge TV
- Fort Boyard – (Writer) Challenge TV
- Insecurity – Comedy Sitcom Pilot with Paul Tonkinson. (Writer and Performer)
- Undercover Magic – Sky1
- Dave’s One Night Stand – Dave TV
- Rosed’or TV Awards 2005 – Scriptwriter
- The Impressionable Jon Cullshaw (Writing an appearing) – ITV
- Claverdeek – Short film (Appearing) – BBC2
- Give us a clue (Appearing) – BBC1
- The Sketch Show (BAFTA) Series 1 and 2 – (Writer) – ITV
- Alter Ego (Writing and appearing with Jon Cullshaw) – ITV1
- Fluke – Game show (Writing and appearing) – Ch4
- It’s A Knockout Series 2 (Writer) – Ch5
- Whittle – Game show (Writer) – Ch5
- Not The Jack Docherty Show – Ch5 (Writing and appearing)
- Milk Advertisment – Dutch TV
John Archer International Comedy
John has performed his comedy and magic on stages around the world, including: France, Spain, Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, USA, Curacao, Venezuela, South Africa, Japan, Kosovo, Oman, Philippines, Cyprus, Malasia, Afghanistan, Malta, The Falklands, The Seychelles.
“Amazing.” SIMON COWELL
“Hugely Funny, Hugely Talented, you are a Superstar.” DAVID WALLIAMS
“You could put John Archer anywhere and he would kill an audience.” PENN JILLETTE – Penn & Teller Las Vegas legends.
“His reputation in the magic world is among the very best. I’d recommend him unreservedly.” DERREN BROWN – TV Magician and Psychological Illusionist.
“John Archer will blow your mind. He is the Funniest man I know. Seeing him perform is Guaranteed to be one of the best experiences of your life!” – DYNAMO – Magician Impossible.
“One of the funniest men I know” TIM VINE Comedian.
“Strong magic and great comedy seldom come in the same package. If Eric Morecambe – with an added touch of Les Dawson – had been born a magician, he would have been John Archer.” – JOHN FISHER (Former Head of Entertainment, Thames Television.)
“John Archer is so funny that it takes you a while to realise that he’s also an outstandingly original and innovative magician. He is the outstanding magical entertainer of his generation” – GEOFFREY DURHAM Magician and TV personality.
“Powerful and incredibly entertaining – 5 STARS” – EDINBURGH EVENING NEWS
“John Archer is charming, disarming and easy to like” – THE SCOTSMAN (EDINBURGH FESTIVAL)
“John Archer is the exception to the myriad of foul-mouthed, offensive contemporaries. Eschewing political satire and sexist smut; he makes his mark with more traditional, throwaway gags, a smidgen of music and teasingly inventive magic tricks.” – THE LIST (EDINBURGH FESTIVAL)
Table of Contents