Comicus Ltd is an entertainment and talent agency, producer and consultant service; providing comedy, speakers, live music, entertainment and creative services to the corporate market place.
The company produce and arrange artistes for corporate events, conferences, after dinners speaking, cruise ships and exclusive holiday resorts; plus create and produce original theatre shows and tours, as well as developing media projects (TV, Film & Radio) with various clients and performers.
Solutions – Comicus selects acts on the basis of quality and correct client liaison. The right act for the job. Our advice is impartial as we endeavour to help corporate clients make the right choice of performer, through our extensive knowledge of artistes; based on 30 years experience in the Comedy world of Britain, Europe & America.
Knowledge – Having produced over 2,000 corporate shows, comedy tours, TV programmes and consultancy assignments; Comicus can supply a large range of comedians, speakers and entertainment artists from major celebrities, to the up and coming star talent of tomorrow.
Customer Service – Our clients’ needs are paramount. A Comicus representative is often present at the show; helping our customer get on with running their event and us taking care of the artistes. Taking pride in going above and beyond, when it comes to providing the perfect solution for your needs.
“To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.” Douglas Adams (Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy)
Below is a guide to how Comicus works and some of the most frequently asked questions:
Comicus provides comedians, speakers, sports personalities, hosts/presenters and bands/musicians for a whole range of entertainment activities. Comicus offers a selection of artistes, some being household names, others solid working professionals respected in their industry, each chosen for their suitability for the particular event they are needed for, such as:
- Conferences – This could be someone to host a conference, give a keynote speech or even some comedy/music entertainment for the evening.
- Awards – We supply artistes to host and entertain at numerous awards ceremonies each year ranging from small internal affairs to large industry ones.
- After dinner – We provide a choice of comedians, speakers, bands and entertainers for dinners, lunches, Gala & black tie events.
- Advertising or PR – We supply artistes for lots of promotional activities, ranging from simple personal appearances, licensing, to full blown endorsements.
- Cruise Ships and resorts – We supply a number of artistes on to a selection of cruise ships and resorts all over the world.
- Theatre, clubs & Tours – Comicus supplies comedians, personalities & comedy shows to major venues, theatres & events including producing tours.
- Workshops – We arrange individual or group training initiatives based around comedy, screenwriting or improvised performance to support corporate training initiatives or creative career advancement.
- Television, Radio projects – This work is often as a producer or on a consultancy basis working with broadcasters and production companies in the area of script, casting and development.
Comicus acts as an employment business (see T&C’s below), consultant, booking agent, producer; we negotiate fees, issue contracts, and provide a full liaison between client and artiste from initial enquiry to the final delivery of the event.
Choosing exactly the right act for your particular event is never easy. From your own brief, Comicus, guides you through the process on the telephone. We will ask questions concerning your event to help us propose and recommend suitable artistes. This would normally be on the lines: What form of occasion is it? (awards night, company celebration, conference dinner, Christmas party? etc), Do you have a fixed budget? The venue and location? Size of audience? And most important the audience demographic?
We aim to propose artistes whose style suits the audience they are entertaining. Our advice and recommendations are impartial, based on 30 years in showbusiness designed to find the right artiste at the correct fee for your function. Very often a Comicus representative is present on the evening to look after the artiste leaving you the important task of running the event.
Comicus is a Fellow Member of the Entertainment Agents’ Association
We do not publish fees on our website because many acts, artistes and celebrities charge different amounts for different events. They can vary from as little as £500 up to £50k + depending on various factors which might include:
- What the performer is required to do e.g. perform their comedy set, deliver an after dinner speech or simply make a personal appearance.
- The location of the venue e.g. UK or abroad, London or the provinces.
- The day of the week, time and length of the function.
- What level the artiste is at in their career.
- The artistes availability for the date. Other work commitments may prevent the act from being able to accept the proposed engagement.
Once we have most of this information we can happily give you an indication of cost (see T&C’s below).
We normally use established performers and speakers for our events, but also try to encourage new talent. There are a number of comedy workshops that help would be comedians to develop an act and Comicus offers private training to those that want to be comedian or develop a script / speech to be used as a speaker for corporate presentations or events. Fill out our enquiry form for more information.
Matthew Willetts MA is the Director of Comicus who has over 35 years experience in television, film, theatre, and comedy club/cabaret entertainment, working as a performer, screenwriter, copywriter, producer and agent. He lectured (part-time) at Southampton Solent University in Comedy, Screenwriting, Television, Theatre, Radio & Creative Advertising, across five degree and postgraduate courses. Matthew can sometimes be seen and heard on TV & Radio. He is often quoted in the national press and media publications as well as speaking regularly at festivals, industry conferences and a judge at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the Montreux Television Festival.
Comicus is a Fellow Member of the Entertainment Agents’ Association
Comicus client base is varied and has been built up over many years and continues to grow as our name and reputation spreads. Clients are drawn from a variety of different fields, including:
- Advertising & Media
- Event companies
- Financial Services
- FTSE 100 companies
- Local & National Government
- Management Consultancy
- PR and Marketing
- Trade Associations
- TV & Radio Production & Broadcasters
- Universities & Arts festivals
Our database contains more than 2000 performers, speakers, management contacts, names and addresses. We are constantly adding to it. We have the resources and research facilities to contact any celebrity, speaker, act or personality you may be interested in. Our Individual Artiste listing on this site is only a guide to some of the performers/artistes with whom we work most frequently with or those known to participate in corporate events, personal appearances or after dinner speaking.
Comicus works all around the world visiting festivals, theatres and clubs to find and cast the best talent for our client’s. We have arranged American artistes to be flown over by special request to perform at organised private events.
The company also has a special working relationship with the famous Laugh Factory in Hollywood Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Chicago where some of our performers are currently working. Comicus, also acted as a consultant on the ‘Funniest Comedian in the World’ contest organised by the Laugh Factory, sourcing important European acts for the competition.
Further we have artistes performing on Cruise ships to American and UK audiences all over the globe as well as having script projects in development with some of the leading US TV & Film Studio’s.