In 2003 Zoe did a five minute open spot at a new act night. She got the comedy bug and hasn’t looked back since.
In 2004 Zoe won the national Funny Women competition and got to the final of ‘So, You Think Your Funny?’ She now gigs regularly all over the country and has resident gigs in both Brighton and London.
Zoe is an extremely versatile performer. Her works spans corporate training, radio acting, live TV presenting, and stage sketch shows. She also demonstrated to the nation her ability to laugh in the face of adversity, as a contestant on ITV’s ‘Survivor!’ where she ate a rat and lived to tell the tale and no, rat does not taste like chicken.
TV Credits Include:
- Live at the Comedy Store 2010
- 7 Days New Zealand TV 2010
- New Zealand Christamas Comedy Gala 2009
- The Paul O Grady Show 2009
- Mock The Week 2009
- The Most Annoying Couples of 2008
- Mock the Week 2008
- The most Annoying people of 2007
- “E! Way Back When” 2007
- The Alternative review of the Year 2006
- The Mint 2006
- Now That’s Embarrassing….80′s’ – Ch 5 – 2005
- Street Cred Suduko – Sky TV (pilot) 2005
- The Golden Rules Of Comedy, Sky TV
- Dan & Dusty TV, ITV1
- Weapons of Mass Distraction ITV 1
- Roving comedian, Laugh Out Loud pilot for BBC3, Zeal TV
- Hollywood correspondent, Breakfast pilot for Channel 4, Planet 24
- ITV Survivor 2001,
- Britain Vs The World (BBC Radio 4)
- Live From The Stand (BBC Radio 4 Extra)
- Clive Anderson’s Chat Room (BBC Radio 2)
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- Udderbelly Festival, London
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival
- New Zealand International Comedy Festival
- Leicester Comedy Festival
- Glasgow Comedy Festival
“Lyons has what it takes to delight any crowd”
“Zoe Lyons really cuts the mustard”
“Confident and razor sharp”
“Quick fire observational gags delivered with utter conviction and unfailing professionalism”
Book Zoe Lyons today!
Matthew Willetts MA is the Director of Comicus who has over 35 years experience in television, film, theatre, and comedy club/cabaret entertainment, working as a performer, screenwriter, producer and agent. He lectured at Southampton Solent University in Comedy, Screenwriting, Television, Theatre & Radio. Matthew can sometimes be seen and heard on TV & Radio and often quoted in the national press and media publications. As well as speaking regularly at festivals and industry conferences, he has been a judge at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the Montreux Television Festival.
Some reviews ofZoe Lyons
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.