Investigative journalist Geoff White has covered tech for BBC News, Channel 4 News, Audible, Forbes online and many others. An award winning TV news journalist, Geoff White’s exclusives have covered everything; from fraud in the internet dating industry, to the shadowy world of Russian cybercrime gangs. He works mainly for Channel 4 News, with a focus on tech security, personal data, privacy and eCrime.
Tech And Our Lives
His exclusives reveal tech’s impact on our lives. The controversial police use of facial recognition; the failure of artificial intelligence therapy apps; hi tech call centre scams that have cost victims their life savings; fraud in the internet dating industry.
Geoff White is currently writing a book on cybercrime for Reaktion Books, due for publication in 2020. He has written and presented two major podcast series for Audible. ‘Artificial Intelligence: Friend or Foe?’ reveals the origins of AI and shows how tech is seeping into everyday life. ‘The Dark Web’ exposes the shadow web created by the US military and now home to hackers, crooks and freedom fighters.
Geoff’s own podcast series Cybercrime Investigations, takes you inside the world of an investigative journalist; detailing the twists and turns as the story unfolds.
Geoff White Speaker
As an experienced public speaker, Geoff White has given keynote talks at some of the UK’s largest tech events. In addition to hosting conferences and chairing panels at venues; ranging from London’s Chatham House think tank to the Latitude music festival.
Geoff White is also the co-creator of The Secret Life.
- Channel 4 News tech correspondent for five years. Investigated internet dating fraud, Russian cybercrime gangs and fraudulent Indian call centres.
- Now freelance working for BBC News, Audible, Forbes and others.
- Writer and presenter of two top ten audio series for Audible: The Dark Web and AI: Friend or Foe.
- Author of a major forth coming book on cyber crime, to be published mid 2020; a gripping journey through the true crime stories behind the hacks.
- Co-creator of The Secret Life of Your Mobile Phone, a live phone hacking demo; a sell out hit at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and later on ITV Tonight.
- Performed for audiences of over a thousand in the US, South Africa and Europe. Ranging from music festivals to think tanks and C-level summits.
- Chaired events for clients ranging from Bluedot music festival to the Information Commissioner’s Office.