Stephen K Amos has charmed and entertained audiences all over the world; with his natural, assured delivery and his honest, original material. Amos is filled with an almost child like joy and exuberance and can find the funny in some of the most unexpected places.
A gifted actor, Amos has impressed audiences and critics with his performances on stage and screen; and has proved not only a gift for comedy but also for more serious roles. Comfortable as a performer, presenter, actor and guest there is no doubt that Amos will retain his status as one of the nation’s favourite comedians for a long time to come.
His debut DVD ‘Find the Funny’, was recorded at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney and released in November 2009. In 2012, following his success of past years, Stephen once again travelled to Australia, this time to perform his new show ‘Laughter Is My Agenda’ at all of the major festivals as part of an Australian tour. He then returned to the world renowned Edinburgh Festival Fringe with his show ‘A Work In Progress’ which was a total sell out; before doing a full UK Autumn tour. In 2004 Stephen won Time Out Live Awards ‘Best Stand Up’. He was also nominated in 2004 and 2007 for Chortle’s ’Best Compere’ Award. Stephen appeared in the acclaimed One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest in Edinburgh and London’s West End; and in 2007 took his solo stand up show ‘More of Me’ to The Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
In October 2013, Stephen began touring the UK with The Spokesman, which he also took on tour in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and New Zealand until May 2013. He performed a Work in Progress at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2013, as well as doing his own talk show for four evenings at the festival. 2014 saw series 3 of Life: An Idiots Guide commissioned for TV. Amos also concluded his British tour of The Spokesman. He took ‘What Does The K Stand For?’ to Australia and New Zealand. He was at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2014 with a work in progress show & his talk show.
Stephen also recorded the second series of his hit radio series in 2012 ‘Life: An Idiots Guide’ for BBC4 Radio 4. In 2011, Stephen embarked on his ‘Best Medicine’ tour, performing his solo show; to sold out crowds around the country. He also appeared in Dave’s One Night Stand, which was transmitted in autumn. 2010 was one of Stephen’s busiest years with his first TV series ‘The Stephen K Amos Show’ being filmed and shown on BBC2. Meanwhile, his second DVD ‘The Feelgood Factor’ was filmed at the Hammersmith Apollo.
Besides from being one of the nation’s favourite faces on the TV, Stephen is a prolific writer and performer; releasing a new hour long show every year and performing all over the world at festivals. He has performed in some of the UK’s most loved theatres and also appeared at the Royal Variety Show in 2007.
Work in Progress: Edinburgh Fringe 2013, The Spokesman: New Zealand International Comedy Festival 2013, The Spokesman: Melbourne Comedy Festival 2013, Work in Progress: Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2012, Laughter is My Agenda: Melbourne Comedy Festival 2012, Laughter is My Agenda: Adelaide Fringe 2012, Laughter is My Agenda: Brisbane Comedy Festival 2012, Laughter is My Agenda: Darwin Comedy Festival 2012, The Best Medicine: Sydney Comedy Festival 2011, The Best Medicine: Melbourne Comedy Festival 2011, The Best Medicine, Brisbane Comedy Festival 2011.
- Dara O’Briain’s School of Hard Sums 2014 (Dave)
- All Star Family Fortunes 2014 (ITV)
- The Wright Stuff 2013 (C5)
- Edinburgh Comedy Fest Live 2013 (BBC3)
- Don’t Sit In The Front Row 2013 (Sky Atlantic)
- Great British Bake Off Comic Relief (BBC2)
- Just For Laughs: All Access (Comedy Network Canada)
- TV’s 50 Greatest Magic Tricks (C5)
- Most Shocking Celebrity Moments (C5)
- That’s Britain (BBC1), Argumental (Dave)
- The Xtra Factor (ITV2)
- Fry’s Planet Word (BBC2)
- Dave’s One Night Stand (Dave)
- The Wright Stuff (C5)
- Host: Live At The Apollo (BBC1)
- The Stephen K Amos Show (BBC)
- Stand Up For The Week (C4)
- The Five O’Clock Show (C4)
- The Royal Variety Show (ITV)
- Have I Got News For You (BBC)
- Live at the Apollo (BBC1)
- Celebrity Juice (ITV2)
- Mock The Week (BBC2)
- Eastenders (BBC1)
- The One Show (BBC1)
- Richard and Judy (Watch)
- Loose Women (ITV)
- Big Brother’s Big Mouth (C4)
- The World Stands Up 30 minute special (Paramount)
- 100 Greatest Christmas Moments (C4)
- Time Gentlemen Please (Sky)
- Stand Up Show (BBC)
- The 11 O’Clock Show (C4)
- The Jack Docherty Show (C5).
- What Does The K Stand For? (BBC Radio 4)
- Life: An Idiots Guide – Series 1 + 2 (BBC Radio 4)
- Just A Minute (BBC Radio 4)
- Hot Gossip with Sara Cox (BBC Radio 2)
- Life: An Idiot’s Guide – Live from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2011 (BBC Radio 4)
- The Paper Round (BBC Radio 4)
- Hot Gossip with Claudia Winkleman (BBC Radio 2)
- The Odd Half Hour: Series 2 (BBC Radio 4)
- Simon Mayo’s Drivetime Show (BBC Radio 2)
- Jon Richardson Radio Show (BBC6 Music).
Stephen is in great demand as a host and after dinner act for corporate functions. Stephen K Amos has performed for many corporate clients, including more recently: Coca Cola, Barclays Banks and Glaxo Smith Kline Beecham.
Book Stephen K Amos Today!
Matthew Willetts MA is the Director of Comicus who has over 35 years experience in television, film, theatre, and comedy club/cabaret entertainment, working as a performer, screenwriter, producer and agent. He lectured at Southampton Solent University in Comedy, Screenwriting, Television, Theatre & Radio. Matthew can sometimes be seen and heard on TV & Radio and often quoted in the national press and media publications. As well as speaking regularly at festivals and industry conferences, he has been a judge at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the Montreux Television Festival.
Some reviews of Stephen K Amos
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.