After starting comedy in late 2009, Scott has rapidly established himself as one of the fastest rising stars on the UK circuit. Likeable, with a warm and engaging delivery, he is a Yorkshire live wire with an undeniable no nonsense logic. In demand by many of the big clubs, Scott delivers wry observations on the absurdity of modern living. His sharply written routines have been delighting audiences across the country. In 2013 and 2015 he was selected to perform in the prestigious Big Value showcase show for Just the Tonic at the Edinburgh fringe, the show has previously been a springboard to success for many household names including Jason Manford and Sarah Millican.
His debut hour stand up show “About a Roy: Stories about me dad” was nominated for the highly acclaimed Amused Moose Comedy Award and was selected as one of the top ten shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2015. As well as receiving rave reviews, Scott was selected to perform an extract from the show as part of the famous Mervyn Stutter’s “Pick of the Fringe Showcase”. The show also received a Best New Show nomination at the Buxton Fringe Festival.
A versatile and confident performer Scott regularly appears at many of established clubs and many other independents. He is a resident MC with Funhouse Comedy and is also making a name for himself on the corporate and after dinner speaking circuit.
- About a Roy (debut hour show) – Buxton Fringe, Nottingham, Leicester, Sheffield and Edinburgh 2013/15
- Big Value Comedy Showcase, Just The Tonic, Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2013/15
- True Bromance – Leicester Comedy Festival 2012
- Laughter Lines Showcase – Leicester Comedy Festival 2011
Competitions and Awards
- Amused Moose Comedy Award Finalist Top Ten Fringe show 2015
- English Comedian of the Year 2014 – Runner Up
- Best New Show, Buxton Fringe, About a Roy 2014 – Nominated
- Kill For a Seat new act of the Year 2014 – Finalist
- Loaded Laftas 2013 – Runner Up
- Comedy Cellar New Act of the Year 2011 – Winner
- Ten City Hull comedian of the year 2011 – Runner up
- Old Speckled Hen Comedian of the Year 2010 – Winner
TV and radio credits
- BBC Radio 4 extra – New Comedy Awards
- Notts TV 6.30 show – Regular Guest
- Francis Finn Radio Show – BBC Radio Nottingham – Regular Guest
- Voice over credits and script writer – Spool Media Nottingham
Matthew Willetts MA is the Director of Comicus who has over 35 years experience in television, film, theatre, and comedy club/cabaret entertainment, working as a performer, screenwriter, producer and agent. He lectured at Southampton Solent University in Comedy, Screenwriting, Television, Theatre & Radio. Matthew can sometimes be seen and heard on TV & Radio and often quoted in the national press and media publications. As well as speaking regularly at festivals and industry conferences, he has been a judge at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the Montreux Television Festival.
Some reviews of Scott Bennett
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.