Pierre Hollins is a stand up comedian and writer. The only other ‘proper jobs’ he’s ever had were; washing dishes in the House of Commons; labouring on a gas pipe line in Qatar, in the Middle East; and teaching drama to the mentally ill. He has been an audience favourite on the comedy circuit for many years; and has headlined at clubs through the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Pierre Hollins: Comedian
In the early days he worked as a support act to Lenny Henry and Rory Bremner; appeared in the West End with Rita Rudner; and toured with The Flying Pickets, and Willie Rushton & Barry Cryer. He has completely re-invented his act several times. From the early days of acrobatic spectacle and frivolous audience abuse; where he was described as ‘far fetched and semi dangerous’ by Time Out.
In a more recent incarnation he was found weilding an electric squash racket – ‘must be seen to be believed’ Chortle; ‘comedy rock and roll heaven’ Hot Tickets.
His relaxed amiability is defined by a compelling conversational style and absurd guitar posturing. His ‘songs’ are jokes that rhyme, set to a guitar backbeat, never travelling down the easy route of song parodies. He covers topics from love and hate, to sex and politics with a totally original voice; delivering his material with charm and irrelevance. He ‘should be made the mayor of a small village’ (Shanghai City Weekend).
- ‘LITTLE RED SPIDER’ – pilot for comedy-drama series – performed at the SOHO THEATRE in a season of new writing (2006)
- ‘WAKE UP WITH WINONA’ – Staff writer for one season – DISNEY CHANNEL (2005)
- Regular column for Brighton Lifestyle magazine NEW CURRENTS (2005…)
- ‘THE KEBAB SHOP OWNER’S BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER’ – radio play, performed at SOHO THEATRE in a season of new writing; later commissioned by RADIO 4 (2004)
- ‘LOCAL FOLK ROCK’ – 3-part spoof documentary series, for BBC SOUTHERN RADIO, funded through RADIO 4 (2004)
- ‘THE DRUIDS’ – sitcom pilot, performed at SOHO THEATRE, in a season of new writing – later commissioned by RADIO 4 (2003)
- ‘HOW TO RULE THE PLANET’ – Solo show, commissioned by the Lewes Literature Festival (1996)
- ‘BODGER AND BADGER’ – CBBC – Script editor for one complete series + writer of six episodes on another series (1995)
- 2 X 5 minute documentaries for CBBC (1994)
- ‘GURU’ – cartoon in FORTEAN TIMES, also syndicated in the American publication DEOLOG. (1991 to 1997)
- Number 73
- Get Fresh
- Fry and Laurie
- Saturday Live
- Jerry Sadovitz Show
- Nightlife Legends
- 4 at the Store
- The Right Time
- Local Folk Rock
Pierre Hollins: TV Warm Up
Various warm up work, including; Rory Bremner Show; Alexi Sayles’ Stuff; Rita Rudner Show; Bottom; Fry & Laurie.
Book Pierre Hollins Today
Matthew Willetts MA is the Director of Comicus who has over 35 years experience in television, film, theatre, and comedy club/cabaret entertainment, working as a performer, screenwriter, producer and agent. He lectured at Southampton Solent University in Comedy, Screenwriting, Television, Theatre & Radio. Matthew can sometimes be seen and heard on TV & Radio and often quoted in the national press and media publications. As well as speaking regularly at festivals and industry conferences, he has been a judge at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the Montreux Television Festival.
Some reviews of Pierre Hollins
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.