Omid Djalili is an award wining British-Iranian actor and comedian. He is acclaimed as one of Britain’s funniest stand up comedians (winning ‘LWT Best Stand Up Award’ and ‘Time Out Award Best Stand Up 2001).
Omid is one of the funniest, freshest and most original comedians in Britain today. His sell out shows have included a 40 date tour, with 2 shows at The London Palladium in 2006. His International appeal is vast, having also performed in the United States, Australia, Austria, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Qatar.
In 2005 Omid Djalili was invited to perform at the televised Tsunami Benefit, along side comedy stars Jonathan Ross, Lee Evans, Johnny Vegas, Dawn French and Alistair McGowan, to name but a few. He also performed a half hour special on ‘Jack Dee Live at The Apollo’ (BBC1). In 2004 he recorded an HBO special in New York, the first British comic to do so since Eddie Izzard.
In the USA he signed a talent holding deal with NBC and co starred with Whoopi Goldberg, in her sitcom ’Whoopi’ (which ran from 2003-2004). Omid has also been commissioned to do his own series for the BBC1 ’The Omid Djalili Show’.
The Big Screen
Omid Djalili has also featured in some major Hollywood films, including: ’The Mummy’, ’Gladiator’, ’Spy Game’, ’Modigliani’, ’Sky Captain and the world of Tomorrow’, ’Casanova’, ’The Allotment’ and Disney’s ’Pirates of the Caribbean 3’.
Omid Djalili is a hugely popular choice for corporate events and also after dinner gigs. He performs extensively at high profile events and for clients such as: IT Week Awards, AM Awards, Shell and Panasonic.
- Annually Retentive – BBC
- Lead Balloon – BBC
- Little Britain – BBC
- My Family and Other Animals – BBC
- Chopratown – BBC
- Frank Skinner Show – ITV
- Top Gear – BBC
- HBO Special – HBO (USA)
- Jack Dee, Live at the Apollo – BBC One
- Comic Relief (Celebrity University Challenge) – BBC Two
- Comic Aid – BBC One
- Room 101 – BBC Two
- Whoopi – NBC (USA)
- Have I Got News For You – BBC Two
- Jason & The Argonauts – Channel Four
- Bloody Foreigners – Channel Four
- They Think It’s All Over – BBC One
- The Royal Variety Performance – BBC
- Lenny Henry In Pieces – BBC One
- Small Potatoes 2 – Channel Four
- Small Potatoes – Channel Four
- Coming Soon – Channel Four
- Heaven and Earth Show – ITV
- Edinburgh Nights – BBC 2
- Black Books – BBC 1 & 2
- ALEXEI SAYLE’S Merry Go Round – BBC 2
- Barking – Channel Four
- The Comedy Store – Channel Five
- The Stand Up Show – BBC One
- Live at Jongleurs – Paramount Channel
TV Guest Appearances
- “Late Night with Conan O’Brien” 19 March 2004
- “Friday Night with Jonathan Ross” (episode 3.2) 25 October 2002
- “The Heaven and Earth Show” 22 September 2002
- “Big Breakfast, The” 4 February 2002
- “Have I Got News for You” (episode # 22.6) 30 November 2001
- “They Think It’s All Over” 24 December 2000
- “Head on Comedy” (episode # 1.3) 27 July 2000
- “Tonight at the London Palladium” 5 May 2000
- “Comedy Café” (episode # 1.5) 26 July 1999
Awards and Contests
- Perrier Award Nominee – Best Comedian
- South Bank Award Nominee – Best Comedy of the Year
- Gemini Award Nominee (Canada) – Best Comedy Performance
- Emma Award – Best Stand Up Comedian
- Time Out Award – Best Stand Up Comedian
- LWT Comedy Award – Best Stand Up
- One World Media Award – For his Channel 4 doc ‘Bloody Foreigners’
- European TV Award Nominee – For his Channel 4 doc ‘Bloody Foreigners’
- Royal TV Society Award Nominee
- Spirit of the Fringe Award – Edinburgh Festival
…and many more.
Book Omid Djalili today!
Matthew Willetts MA is the Director of Comicus who has over 35 years experience in television, film, theatre, and comedy club/cabaret entertainment, working as a performer, screenwriter, producer and agent. He lectured at Southampton Solent University in Comedy, Screenwriting, Television, Theatre & Radio. Matthew can sometimes be seen and heard on TV & Radio and often quoted in the national press and media publications. As well as speaking regularly at festivals and industry conferences, he has been a judge at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the Montreux Television Festival.
Some reviews ofOmid Djalili
Omid was absolutely first class. He got the audience’s attention right from the start and went down a storm.
We’d previously had bad experiences with presenters so Omid was a BIG sigh of relief. Not only was he approachable and friendly but he was keen to take on board direction and really used his brief in his stand up routine, making jokes about the MD, the company and its rivals. He was funny, risky but not too risky and best of all got the crowd going with his topical humour. Would 100% use again.