Michael Legge has performed stand-up comedy at all major comedy clubs in the UK; as well as performing shows in: Australia, New Zealand, USA, France, Holland, UAE, Germany, Estonia and even Russia.
Michael Legge: Comedian
He is a stand up comedian, comedy writer, actor, compere, improviser, warm-up; and won the 2009 Chortle Best Off Stage Contribution for his blog, and the 2012 Sony Silver award winner for the on going podcast Do The Right Thing. He co-presented the Absolute Radio Sunday show with Dave Gorman. Michael will be at The Edinburgh Festival again this year with his new show, following the success of previous shows; ‘Tell it Like It Is’, ‘Steve’, ‘Free Wifi’ and ‘What A Shame’. He also performs occasionally with Robin Ince in Righteous Ire, Pointless Anger.
Michael had a sell out run in Edinburgh in 2017, with his musical entertainment ‘Jerk’; and he recently did the last performances of the show for a run at The Soho Theatre.
He has been the support act for many great comedians on tour including Alexei Sayle, Stewart Lee and Dylan Moran.
TV & Radio
Michael is the regular team captain in the highly successful podcast Do The Right Thing; and regularly performs the very grumpy show Pointless Anger, Righteous Ire with Robin Ince. Michael is currently working on his Radio 4 show The Last Days of Michael Legge; and his 6th furious solo show The Idiot.
Michael Legge: TV Credits
- Do The Right Thing (pilot) -Team Captain (2017 C4)
- Stewart Lee’s Alternative Comedy Experience – Stand-up and Guest (2015 Comedy Central)
- Street Cred Sudoku Writer / Panellist 2005 – 2007
- Hanrahan 100 Worst Pop Songs Contributor (2005 Channel 4)
- Pop-Up Video (Writer 1969 Vh-1/Channel 4)
- Videomouth (Writer 1969 Vh-1)
- MTV European Music Awards (Backstage Presenter 1969 MTV)
Theatre & Live Performance
- The Idiot (Writer/Lead Performer)2019 The Stand Comedy Club
- Jerk Writer/Performer 2017 Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- Tell It Like It Is, Steve writer/ performer 2015 Edinburgh
- Pointless Anger, Righteous Ire with Robin Ince & Michael Legge Writer / Performer 2010 – 2014GRV, Edinburgh, London & tour
- Free Wifi Deviser / Writer / Performer 2013 Edinburgh
- Alexei Sayle National Tour – Support Act 2012 Various theatres
- Stewart Lee Support Act 2012 Royal Festival Hall
- What A Shame Writer / Performer 2012 The Edinburgh Festival
- Curse Sir Walter Raleigh Writer / Performer / One Man Show 2011 London & Edinburgh
- Gutted: A Revengers Musical Vicar 2010 Assembly Rooms, Edinburgh
- King Of Everything Writer / Performer 2009 GRV, Edinburgh
- The Clock Hour Writer / Performer 2008 Pleasance, Edinburgh
- The Conversation Performer/Improviser 2004 Pleasance, Edinburgh
- Stand-Up & compere 1969 Various
- The Treatment Writer / Performer 1969 Soho Theatre
- Barrys 2015
- Sony Silver Award Podcast 2012 Do The Right Thing
- Chortle Awards – Best Offstage Contribution for blog 2009
- Interactive BAFTA’s (Nominated) MTV’s The Osbourne’s Website (Writer) 2002
- BIMAMTV’s The Osbourne’s Website (Writer)
“First class” – The Guardian.
“The fury gives him purpose” – Chortle.
Book Michael Legge Today
Matthew Willetts MA is the Director of Comicus who has over 35 years experience in television, film, theatre, and comedy club/cabaret entertainment, working as a performer, screenwriter, producer and agent. He lectured at Southampton Solent University in Comedy, Screenwriting, Television, Theatre & Radio. Matthew can sometimes be seen and heard on TV & Radio and often quoted in the national press and media publications. As well as speaking regularly at festivals and industry conferences, he has been a judge at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the Montreux Television Festival.
Some reviews of Michael Legge
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.