Kevin Kennedy is best known for playing Curly Watts in ITV’s Coronation Street between 1983 – 2003. He even returned briefly to film scenes for its 50th anniversary DVD.
Kevin Kennedy Guitarist
Kevin is a talented guitarist and was in the band ‘Paris Valentinos’ which also contained Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke who later played in The Smiths; and in May 2000 he released a song and album named Bulldog Nation with his band The Bunch of Thieves under the RCA label.
His television debut was as a team helper on Cheggers Plays Pop. He has also appeared in Dear Ladies with Hinge and Bracket, The Last Company Car and Keep on Running.
Film & Stage
Kennedy lived in Spain for a while and wrote and produced a film entitled Spanish Capers that was released in 2005. His West End credits include playing Amos Hart in Chicago at the Adelphi Theatre in 2004
Kevin On Tour
He has been playing the part of ageing hippy Pop in the touring production of the Queen musical of Ben Elton’s We Will Rock You and at London’s Dominion Theatre.
Kevin Kennedy On Stage
- Pop in “We Will Rock You”, London West End, Dominion Theatre, UK
- Amos Heart in “Chicago”, London West End, Adelphi Theatre, UK
- Tommy in “Ducking Out”, London West End, Duke of York’s, UK Mick in “Idle Hands”, Shaw Theatre, UK
- “Just Between Ourselves”, Theatre Royal, Windsor, UK
- “Hamlet”, Sheffield Crucible
- “No Sex Please, We’re British” National Tours
- “The Rocky Horror Show”
- The Child Catcher in “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang”
- Caractacus Potts in “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang”, The Singapore Tour, becoming the only actor to have ever played Caractacus Potts & The Child Catcher
- Many pantomimes including Hook in “Peter Pan” with Jade Goody
Kevin Kennedy Music
- He has enjoyed a successful music career, starting as the bass player in the now legendary “Smiths”, with childhood friends Johnny Marr & Andy Rouke.
- Kevin later formed his own band “The Bunch of Thieves”, performing at Reading Festival, The Mean Fiddler & The Birmingham NEC Stadium.
- Kevin was eventually signed by Simon Cowell to BMG Records, when his album “Present Kennedy” went Gold.
- This amazing achievement led onto Kevin touring the Deep South of America and Australasia, playing venues such as Morgan Freeman’s “Blueshouse” in Clarkesville and finishing the tour on Beale St, Memphis.
- Kevin then revisited Pop and toured extensively with “We Will Rock You” arena tour.
- The Last Company Car” for Stephan Frears
- “Keep on Running” for the BBC
- “Blue Murder” with Caroline Quintin
- Wrote, presented and produced two series’ of “Kevin Spanish Capers” for Sky Television
- 20 years as Sex Symbol Norman Curly Watts in the world’s number one, longest running soap: Coronation Street
Kevin Kennedy Recovery
As well as his TV and theatre work, Kevin is passionate about recovery. He himself has been in active recovery for 17 years, from alcohol addiction. He and his wife run a private practice, Addiction Management, working within corporate businesses, addressing recovery in the workplace.
Kevin Kennedy is the patron of Kennedy St & Co CIC – Dry Bar and production company, a newly formed Community Interest Company whose primary aim is to provide an alternative social space for people to meet, eat, drink, get involved and be entertained. The production and media aspect of the CIC is initially delivering #streettalks, a series of 15 minute recovery orientated talks, similar to TED talks.Run by, and for, people with experience of active recovery from drug & alcohol addiction, the CIC I s aims are to provide peer-led support, education, informal access to information, as well as a range of other courses, workshops, social & visual activities.
Kevin Kennedy is also active in Recovery; volunteering at a number of recovery groups at his local church, St Peter’s Brighton. He helps those in and out of the church family understand what recovery is and the variety of routes to achieve it.
Book Kevin Kennedy Today
Matthew Willetts MA is the Director of Comicus who has over 35 years experience in television, film, theatre, and comedy club/cabaret entertainment, working as a performer, screenwriter, producer and agent. He lectured at Southampton Solent University in Comedy, Screenwriting, Television, Theatre & Radio. Matthew can sometimes be seen and heard on TV & Radio and often quoted in the national press and media publications. As well as speaking regularly at festivals and industry conferences, he has been a judge at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the Montreux Television Festival.
Some reviews of Kevin Kennedy
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.