Ian Moore is a regular on BBC5 Live’s ‘Fighting Talk’ and a much sought after comedian, compere and awards host. Ian has reached great heights on the London and national comedy club circuits, and is often a headliner at the famous London Comedy Store. He is also the author of the hugely successful book, ‘A la Mod: My So-Called Tranquil Family Life in Rural France’ and the equally acclaimed ‘C’est Modnifique!: Adventures of an English Grump in Rural France‘.
Ian has a laconic observation on life, from the problems of using the wrong vocabulary in a German – Pizza Hut, to a pathological hatred of most forms of physical exertion. He has also proved to be a huge success with live audiences all over the world. From Australia and China, to the Philippines and the Middle East. He hasn’t been on stage in South America yet, but feels no reason why they wouldn’t love him there too.
Ian Moore Live Comedy
Following a sell out run at the Edinburgh Festival, where he also appeared with Catherine Tate. Ian Moore was also one of only seven British comics, chosen to be at the most famous of all comedy festivals – Montreal’s Just for Laughs. Along side the likes of Jimmy Carr, Ian took part in the sell out Brit Com showcase. Proving to be such a big success, he then went on to headline the World Com show at the same festival’s finale.
Comedy for Business
Ian Moore is a sought after and trusted after dinner speaker and awards host. In the last couple of years he has gained a great deal of experience, with some high profile and blue chip clients and events.
Ian Moore Award Host & Compere
- Exhibition News Awards 2014
- Amateur Photographer 2014
- Corporate IT Forum Real IT Awards 2014
- DIY Week Awards 2014
- Footwear Industry Awards 2012-14
- Ground Engineering Awards 2014
- Meat & Poultry Processing Awards 2014
- Energy Awards 2013
- Great British Entrepreneur Awards 2013
- Heating & Ventilation Awards 2013
- The Garden Centre Association Awards 2014
- The Trade Association Awards 2013
- The French Press Awards 2013
- The Sports Industry Awards 2013-14
- The Pay & Benefits Awards 2013
- BETT Awards 2013
- Payroll Awards 2013
- Vending Industry Awards 2013
- Independent Business Awards 2013
- Bunzl Greenham Awards
- The Football Business Awards 2012
- The Nursery Industry Awards 2012
- The Education Resources Awards 2013
- Food & Drink Forum Innovation Awards 2012
- The GREATS Awards 2012
Ian Moore Speaker & Comic
- The Craig Bellamy Foundation
- National Housing Federation
- NHBC – Pride in the Job Awards
- Chief Fire Officer Association
- Acorn Children’s Hospice Ball
- IT Europa Excellence
- Staples Advantage Launch Event
- Santander Bank
- Network Vehicles Awards
- E-Health Media Insider
- Lexis Nexis
- UCISA Close Brothers
- The Jersey Round Table
- Sony UK
- Hilton Hotels Group
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Oxford United Football Club
- Darren Bicknell Cricket Benefit
- Merrydown Cider
- MITIE Property Services
- WATES Construction
- The Edinburgh Art Collective
Ian Moore was also the warm up act for the BBC’s ‘Friday Night with Jonathon Ross’ show and has headlined at The Reading and Leeds Music Festivals. But he is too well dressed to even think about a show at Glastonbury. Ian Moore makes chutney every so often.
Ian Moore TV Shows
- World Comedy Tour (Comedy Central, USA & Channel 9, Australia)
- The Stand Up Show (BBC1)
- The Comedy Store (Four series, Channel 5 & Comedy Central)
- ‘A la Mod: My So Called Tranquil Family Life in Rural France’ (pub: May 2013)
- ‘C’est Modnifique: The Adventures of an English Grump in Rural France’ (pub: July 2014)
There are also many, many other radio shows, mags and news stories from Ian as well.
Book Ian Moore Today
Matthew Willetts MA is the Director of Comicus who has over 35 years experience in television, film, theatre, and comedy club/cabaret entertainment, working as a performer, screenwriter, producer and agent. He lectured at Southampton Solent University in Comedy, Screenwriting, Television, Theatre & Radio. Matthew can sometimes be seen and heard on TV & Radio and often quoted in the national press and media publications. As well as speaking regularly at festivals and industry conferences, he has been a judge at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the Montreux Television Festival.
Some reviews of Ian Moore
Lindy Shepherd (F3)
I can honestly say that I have not laughed so long or so hard for absolutely ages!
Mark Allen Group
A fantastic host at the two awards ceremonies that he recently helped us with. His jokes were fresh and funny and the audience loved him at both events. He was fantastic at keeping the proceeding flowing smoothly and was a real pro. I would recommend Ian as a host for any event.
Don't Panic Projects Ltd
Thank you for your recommendation of Ian, he was great on the night and really easy to work with. Please thank him from us and we will certainly consider him as a presenter for future events.