Henning is the The German Comedy Ambassador to The United Kingdom.
This is not the easiest of jobs because Germans allegedly do not have a sense of humour. Henning does not find that funny. He took office in October 2003 after watching an open mic night that left him convinced that he would do better. Wehn has been performing as the self-styled ‘German Comedy Ambassador’ ever since.
He regularly appears with fellow German performer Otto Kuhnle, and their show 1000 Years of German Humour was nominated for the Barry Award at the 2009 Melbourne Comedy Festival. Wehn also regularly supports Stewart Lee on his tours.
His “beautifully crafted diatribes” (Time Out) are delivered with a passion that seems all too real and his material covers topics from football to the price of second-hand shoes, what the Germans think of our beloved ‘Allo ‘Allo series, to why humour is overrated and stand-up comedy pointless.
Corporate – We used Henning for a 15 minute comedy slot at our Cooling Awards and in that time he managed to create uproar of the finest kind. He is able to segue from material about Europe and the collapse of the Greek economy to the appeal of Oompah bands. Guaranteed laughs or your Euro back. – EMAP
- Nominee Barry Award, 2009 (with Otto Kuhnle)
- Winner Hackney Empire New Act of the Year, 2005
- Stewart Lee’s Comedy Vehicle, Stand-up for extras, BBC2, 2009
- What’s so funny about German?, 10 episodes about the German language, BBC, 2009
- Greatest Comedy Catchphrases, Talking Head, Channel 4, 2008
- Edinburgh and Beyond, Performer, Paramount Comedy, 2007 & 2008
- The Return of Allo Allo, Talking Head, BBC2, 2007
- The 100 Greatest Stand-Ups,Talking Head, Channel 4, 2007
- Gary Lineker’s Action Replay, Talking Head, Liberation Entertainment DVD, 2007
- The World’s Most Offensive Jokes, Featured, Channel 4, 2007
- Being Jose Mourinho, Talking Head, SkySports, 2007
- Britcom Theme Night, Panelist, UK Gold, 2006
- Funny Cuts, Writer and Performer, Channel 4 & E4, 2006
- Three’s World Cup Outtakes; Talking Head, BBC3, 2006
- World Cup Heaven and Hell, Talking Head, ITV1, 2006
- The New Paul O’Grady Show, Panelist, Channel 4, 2006
- The World Stands Up, Performer, Paramount & BBC America, 2006
- Berlin or Bust, Panelist, 3G Mobile TV, 2006
- FAQ U, Panelist, Channel 4, 2005
Radio Regular appearances on:
- Fighting Talk, BBC Five Live
- The Unbelivable Truth, BBC Radio 4
- Out to Lunch, BBC Radio 2
- Hawksbee & Jacobs, TalkSport Radio
- Heresy, BBC Radio 4
- Loose Ends, BBC Radio 4
- All of the Planet’s Wonders (as Dr Gunther von Hagen), BBC Radio 4
- The 4 Radio Weekly Show, Channel 4 Radio
- MacAulay and Co., BBC Radio Scotland
- Victoria Darbyshire, BBC Five Live
- Broadcasting House, BBC Radio 4
- Simon Mayo, BBC Five Live
- The Language Of Laughter, BBC Radio 4
- Skinner & Baddiel Podcast, TimesOnline
- World Cup Pubcast, Daily Telegraph
- Henning Knows Bestest – 2012 – Solo Standup
- No Surrender – 2011 – Solo Standup
- My Struggle – 2010 – Solo Standup
- Abracadabra – German Humour Goes Global, 2009 (show with Otto Kuhnle)
- 1000 Years of German Humour, 2008 (show with Otto Kuhnle)
- Beginner’s Guide to German Humour, 2007 (show with Otto Kuhnle)
- Four World Cups and One World Pope, 2006 (show with Otto Kuhnle)
- Supporting Stewart Lee on ‘If You Prefer A Milder Comedian, Please Ask For One.’ Tour, 2009
- Supporting Stewart Lee on ’41st Best Stand-Up Ever’ Tour, 2007
- Best of Hackney Empire, Edinburgh Festival, 2005
- German voice, Eurosport
- Brighton German Christmas Market, Southern FM
Time Out “Glory lies ahead”
Book Henning Wehn today!
Matthew Willetts MA is the Director of Comicus who has over 35 years experience in television, film, theatre, and comedy club/cabaret entertainment, working as a performer, screenwriter, producer and agent. He lectured at Southampton Solent University in Comedy, Screenwriting, Television, Theatre & Radio. Matthew can sometimes be seen and heard on TV & Radio and often quoted in the national press and media publications. As well as speaking regularly at festivals and industry conferences, he has been a judge at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the Montreux Television Festival.
Some reviews ofHenning WehnLeave Review
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.