Gordon Southern is the international word clown. His upbeat and energetic delivery combined with his fantastically funny observational comedy & quick witted improvisation has secured his place as an audience favourite all over the world. He is one of the busiest comics in the UK playing everywhere worth playing. A talented actor and award winning writer with critical acclaim for numerous projects that he has worked on; Southern has written for some of the most memorable comedy shows of the last decade.
Gordon Southern: Comedian
Gordon is a regular headlining comedian on UK and International circuit, spending several months every year performing in Australia. A highly regarded international act, he’s worked in many exotic & challenging places, including Afghanistan, The Falkland Islands, Kosovo & Liverpool. He’s sold out a 700 seat theatre with a solo show in Mumbai, India; headlined the first ever Serbian comedy festival; and has regularly headlined in Singapore, Dubai, Cyprus and New Zealand.
Gordon made his Edinburgh debut in the highly respected Comedy Zone in 1997; and has since gone on to take up several successful and acclaimed solo shows. With 2012’s “A Brief History of History” receiving award nominations at the New Zealand Comedy Festival and the Edinburgh Fringe. He has enjoyed sell out runs at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival from 2011- 2013. Gordon also has a time out comedy award; from his days with BBC Radio 4’s Cheese Shop comedy sketch team
Gordon Southern: Solo Shows
- 2014 – Your New Favourite Comedian – The Kerfuffle – Adelaide / Melbourne / New Zealand / Edinburgh
- 2013 – The Kerfuffle – Adelaide / Melbourne/ New Zealand / Edinburgh/ Newcastle Festivals/Hull
- 2012 – A Brief History Of History – Edinburgh / Melbourne/ Sydney/ Perth/ Newcastle/ Hull
- 2011 – Free Range – Adelaide/ Melbourne/ New Zealand Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- 2010 – Borders – Adelaide, Melbourne & Edinburgh Fringe Festivals
- 2009 – The Unofficial Gordon Southern Annual 2009 – Adelaide & Edinburgh Fringe Festivals
- 2007 – Stamp Stamp – Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- 2006 – The Solutions – Edinburgh Fringe & Manchester Comedy Festivals
- 2003 – My Drums Hell – Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- 2001 – Gordon Southern – Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- ADELAIDE, MELBOURNE, BRISBANE AND NZ COMEDY FESTIVALS
- HEADLINING ‘BULMERS BEST OF THE EDINBURGH FEST’ IN ADELAIDE AND BRISBANE
- MC FOR ‘THE BIG SHOW’ AUCKLAND 2011
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival – Various, 2002-Present
- Adelaide Comedy Festival 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009 MC & Headliner“Best Of The Fest” & Solo Show
- End Of The Road Festival 2010
- Sydney Comedy Festival 2006 MC Best Of The Edinburgh Fest
- Melbourne Comedy Festival 2006, 2009 MC & Headliner Best Of The Edinburgh Fest
- Byron Bay Big Joke Festival 2008 – Headliner
- Cambridge Comedy Festival 2008 Solo Show
- Manchester Comedy Festival 2006 – Solo Show
- Dubai Comedy Festival 2005
Gordon has performed twice for football governing body UEFA in Switzerland; as well as several other high profile corporate clients, writing shows specifically tailored to their needs.
Book Gordon Southern Today
Matthew Willetts MA is the Director of Comicus who has over 35 years experience in television, film, theatre, and comedy club/cabaret entertainment, working as a performer, screenwriter, producer and agent. He lectured at Southampton Solent University in Comedy, Screenwriting, Television, Theatre & Radio. Matthew can sometimes be seen and heard on TV & Radio and often quoted in the national press and media publications. As well as speaking regularly at festivals and industry conferences, he has been a judge at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the Montreux Television Festival.
Some reviews of Gordon Southern
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.