Donna Fraser holds the rare distinction of representing Great Britain at four successive Olympic Games. Her best performance was the memorable 2000 Olympic 400m final in Sydney, where she finished in fourth place in 49.79; one place behind team mate Katherine Merry and the gold medallist, Cathy Freeman, who she trained with in the summer run up to the Games.
Donna Fraser had one of her best years in 2005, where she achieved a fine 200m and 400m double at the AAA Championships and was the first athlete to do so since 1945. Donna also helped Britain to 4x400m relay bronze in 2005 (and ran in the heats in 2007, picking up another bronze) and performed well after Helsinki over 200m.
World Class Times
Donna Fraser remained in great form with a 200m/400m double at the 2009 UK Indoor Championships with world class times and her 200m title was her first since 1998. Fraser made the European Indoor final in Turin, but her long legs did not cope well with lane two, and she finished sixth in the final, but won silver in the 4x400m relay.
To show her longevity, Fraser won her first major medal at the 1990 World Junior Champs, picking up silver in the 4x100m relay before winning the 1991 European Junior 400m title.
Donna Fraser In ‘Retirement’
Donna Fraser announced her retirement after finishing seventh at the Aviva British Grand Prix in Gateshead, August 31. An exceptional World Class 400m athlete and 4x Olympian. Donna now speaks around the world about her athletic journey and how she survived Breast Cancer! She works part time for EDF Energy.
Donna Fraser Domestic Record
- 1987 – 1st ESAA Championships 200m
- 1997 – 1st AAA Championships 400m
- 1998 – 1st AAA Indoor Championships 200m, 2nd AAA Championships 400m
- 2000 – 2nd AAA Indoor Championships 200m, 1st AAA Championships 400m
- 2001 – 2nd AAA Championships 400m
- 2005 – 2nd AAA Indoor Championships 200m, 1st AAA Championships 200/400m
- 2007 – 2nd Norwich Union World Champs Trials 400m, 3rd 200m
- 2008 – 3rd Olympic Trials 400m
Donna Fraser Major Championships
- 1996 7qf 400m (h 4x400m), 2000 4th 400m (5th 4x400m), 2004 7sf 400m (4th 4x400m)
- World Championships – 1997 5qf 400m (6th 4x400m), 1999 6qf 400m (h 4x400m), 2001 6sf 400m (6th 4x400m – only ran in heat), 2005 7sf 400m (3rd 4x400m), 2007 3rd 4x400m (only ran in heat)
- European Championships – 1998 6th 400m (3rd 4x400m)
- Commonwealth Games – 1998 3rd 400m (3rd 4x100m)
- 1990 – 2nd World Junior Championships 4x100m
- 1991 – 1st European Junior Championships 400m, 2nd 4x100m
- 1997 – 6th World Indoor Championships 4x400m
- 1998 – 5th European Indoor Championships 200m
- 2005 – 3rd European Indoor Championships 4x400m
- 2009 – 6th European Indoor Championships 400m, 2nd 4x400m
So Book Donna Fraser Today!
Matthew Willetts MA is the Director of Comicus who has over 35 years experience in television, film, theatre, and comedy club/cabaret entertainment, working as a performer, screenwriter, producer and agent. He lectured at Southampton Solent University in Comedy, Screenwriting, Television, Theatre & Radio. Matthew can sometimes be seen and heard on TV & Radio and often quoted in the national press and media publications. As well as speaking regularly at festivals and industry conferences, he has been a judge at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and the Montreux Television Festival.
Some reviews of Donna Fraser
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.